Arts & Enrichment
The PFO supports Kaiser and Woodland’s arts and enrichment programs by funding and coordinating opportunities normally outside the scope of the school’s budget and resources.
Science & Technology
Science and technology are key components in elementary education, and the PFO assists our campuses in creating greater opportunities for our students.
Growth & Support
The ways our students learn and grow are ever-changing and our organization is designed to work alongside principals and help meet the evolving needs from equipment to facilities and programs.
What We Do
The Kaiser PFO (Parent Faculty Organization) supports both Woodland and Kaiser Elementary Schools in Costa Mesa by furthering the reach of arts, technology, enrichment and experiences beyond the scope of the schools’ established budgets. Our non-profit organization creates multiple fundraising opportunities throughout the school year and provides volunteer planning and support to help make our schools the best possible places for students to learn and grow.
PFO Activities We Support
- Movie Night – Grab a chair and bring the family for a night of fun with a family-friendly movie projected on a big outdoor screen on the Woodland field.
- Class Frozen Treat Party – All classes with 100% PFO Membership receive a Frozen Treat Party as a thank you from the PFO.
- Skate Night – Skate Nights are held once a month at Fountain Valley Skating Center with a fun theme. The grade level with the highest attendance at Skate Night wins a treat.
- Recess Art – Art activities are held monthly during lunch time at both Kaiser and Woodland schools.
- After School Enrichment Program – The PFO provides after-school programming from various educational vendors in our area. Classes range from Computer Coding and Movie Making to Art & Clay and Spanish. (Additional fees apply.)
- Art Masters – Students learn about famous and influential artists and are guided to create their own work of art based on that artist’s style.
- Healthy Choices Week – Woodland Elementary celebrates a focus on a healthy lifestyle from physical activity, healthy eating and kindness toward others.
- Red Ribbon Week – Kaiser Elementary takes part in a nationwide effort to educate students about drug abuse and bullying awareness.
- Trunk-or-Treat - Grab your costumes and join us for a fun night in the Kaiser parking lot going trunk-or-treating!
- Sweetheart Dance - Join us in February for a fun evening dancing the night away. Dessert table, photo booth, and great music!
- Scholastic Book Fair – The book fair takes place twice each year and helps to support school and classroom libraries at both campuses.
- Dine + Dance – Parent’s night out to support our schools complete with delicious food, great music and in-demand silent auction items.
- Jog-a-Thon & Read-a-Thon – Two of the schools’ largest fundraisers and tons of fun for students. Each with a full week of engaging activities.
- Kaiser Play – Kaiser students have the opportunity to participate in a full-length play learning stage direction, musical numbers and backstage work. The play is performed for both schools and two public performances.
- Knights and Dragons Carnival – The annual carnival on the Kaiser field includes carnival rides, booth-style games featuring each grade level TK/K through 6th, food trucks and auction items.
How else does the PFO support Kaiser and Woodland?
- Funding for software programs and subscriptions for both schools (including Lexia and Renaissance Learning)
- Other technology and hardware needs
- Site improvement
- Library funding
- Music funding
- Field Trips
- Outdoor equipment
- Teacher appreciation week
- Welcome back breakfast for teachers
- Author's Day
- NHHS scholarship for former Kaiser students
- Science camp scholarships (as funding allows)
If you'd like to support our organization, the families of our community, and the staff of our schools, please donate. Your company may even match your donation!
Charity Tax ID: 95-3764593
Subscribe to Knightline
Stay up to date with our PFO newsletter.